4/26/17

Things I'm Thankful For - Everyday.

Today I've come to the realisation that the person I am right now needs to improve on basically everything. I never felt enough yet I never cared either so I guess it's been a hell of a long bad life for me whether I feel it or not. This month--I'm not saying when exactly--I turned 19 and that scared me to death.  I mean, I'll be 20 in no time and I haven't even achieved my productive teenage years like I imagined I'd be having when I was like 14 or 15.

And today I've also realised that  I've stopped a habit of writing down the things I am thankful for that day, every day. I used to write "Things I'm Thankful For Today:" list and I remember that it made me happy. Because in doing so it reminds us of how lovely things were that day, despite all the bad things that happened. Because in doing so I now know that as impossible as it may sound, it is impossible to have a day without a slither of happiness. Without a slither of hope. Or without something to be thankful.

I know some of you reading this might think that I was such a lame person, one that always swallow down those crap from self-help books or something. But believe me bcs I never even thought about it myself before. It never occured to me that doing something trivial and simple like that could give you some sort of satisfaction. So just try it. Writing things down won't hurt right? Try doing it every night before you sleep. Or anytime, really. I won't pledge myself into doing it like forever mainly because I am such a realist and I know I can't commit myself to not ditch the thing but at least, from now on, I'll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A theme by Beautifully Chaotic with slight changes